Saturday, June 26, 2010

Earworm: Jellyhead

During my DJ days, slow nights would involve putting on one of the Jock Jams compilations, pressing play and sitting back with a smoke, a drink and a book, only worrying about what was playing on the off chance that a bachelorette party came in and wanted to hear the Lil' Kim version of "Ladies' Night." During that time, I actually got pretty addicted to "Jellyhead" by UK pop group Crush. It's the only song I knew by them, and was pretty entertaining, given that I was hanging out at goth bars when I wasn't working. The super-happy sounds of a low-rent girl-group didn't mix very well with the industrial sounds of VNV Nation and Project Pitchfork that were piped through my Discman's headphones, but I didn't care. It was certainly better than the Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and Mandy Moore remixes that I had to play on a nightly basis, and is still a guilty pleasure to this day.

No comments: