Sunday, June 13, 2010

Earworm: Replay

No, no, no! What have I done to deserve this? Last night the radio decided to play cruel tricks on me. The same station that cursed me with Dave Matthews two nights ago played Creed. That was simply too much to take, so the station was changed five seconds into Scott Stapp's yowling. Anything would be better, right?

Unfortunately the only other station that was programmed in was of the top-40 variety. They were playing "Replay" by Iyaz. It's a very slick pop song that will get stuck in my head for days if I hear just a little bit of it, and I listened to the whole thing in a preemptive strike to keep "Arms Wide Open" by Creed from taking up residence. If that were to happen, bands like Puddle of Mudd and Unkle Kracker would move in and trash the neighborhood. I just can't afford for that to happen, so "Replay" it is. I can live with that.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I cannot and I will not tap your button to hear this song . . . again! I just got rid of my "replay" player (12 year old Brendan) at camp for two weeks. I've got two weeks off from this song and I will not join in your fun and games today. Maybe tomorrow. Must stop thinking about it, must stop thinking about it . . .