Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Earworm: Single Ladies

Last night I found out that the BBC and the Starz network have commissioned a new series of Torchwood, my favorite modern British show outside of Doctor Who and The I.T. Crowd. The show has had its ups and downs over its previous three seasons. When it's good, it's very good, but when it's bad, it's really, really bad (Cyberwomen, anyone?). Still, one thing has stayed constant and kept me tuning in week after week: John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness. Of course, I immediately thought of Barrowman's performance of BeyoncĂ©'s "Single Ladies," in which he dances like no man has danced before. If his appeal ever truly reaches across the Atlantic, those kids on America's Best Dance Crew are royally screwed.



I still think he would have been a perfect casting choice for Captain America, even if he isn't, you know, American.

No comments: