Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Earworm: Snuff on Digital

I made an effort, I really did. After AFI stuck with me for weeks after their concert, I had to force myself to stop listening to them. Even the stuff I love needs to be taken in moderation.

That isn't to say that I would turn it off if it came up on random. Lately I've been on a kick of listening to Blaqk Audio, Davey Havok and Jade Puget's electro side project. The album CexCells was released in 2007 to dismal reviews, if I remember correctly. I heard a whole lot of negative comparisons to Depeche Mode, but I didn't care. Their stuff It's a near-perfect tribute to the darkwave and synthpop music that I love so much and gains absolutely no new ground.

While I love the whole album, a few songs stand out to me in particular. "Snuff on Digital" is one of them, and has been pounding through my head since yesterday afternoon. I listened to it four times in a row. No wonder it's today's earworm. I want to go drive around in the rain at night. Unfortunately, that would involve two things at this point: Rain and dark. I'll have to stick to the oom-chh-oom-chh-oom-chh from the confines of my headphones today.

No comments: