Sunday, June 27, 2010

Earworm: Waiting for Tonight

Great, I guess I opened a can of worms with yesterday's earworm. This one comes from my DJ days as well. Jennifer Lopez was a force with whom to be reckoned near the year 2000, and I got a lot of requests for "Waiting for Tonight" by wannabe frat boys trying to score with wannabe sorority girls as well as wannabe sorority girls who didn't want to score with wannabe frat boys. The crowd was generally, and I was generally able to shut the music out of my head when I wasn't at work, so I happily played whatever top-40 drivel would keep the kids dancing.

My wife caught me humming "Waiting for Tonight" a couple of months ago after not hearing it for nearly ten years. She then rightfully punched me in the arm and told me to stop it. I did, happily. That doesn't mean that I won't subject others to my misery, however.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Consider this a computer based punch in the arm!