Friday, July 9, 2010

Earworm: All the Lovers

Well, that didn't take long. I heard that that a new Kylie Minogue album was coming out, so I happily searched out the latest video given that her singles are typically well-crafted pieces of earworm insanity. I wasn't disappointed.

I haven't gotten through the entire album yet, but nothing else really stands out aside from "All the Lovers." That isn't to say that the single can't carry the rest of the album. It's a doozy, ranking up there with her best songs. It took one listen to get me hooked and now I can't get enough. I'm pretty sure that the Mrs. is going to be slugging me in the arm for a while. How appropriate that the woman responsible for "Can't Get You Out of My Head" has released the latest pop single that will be the end of me.

I have already searched out the country-music cover by the Scissor Sisters. Now I want to hear a version by Erasure. Please pop-gods, make it so.



No comments: