Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Earworm: Bamboo Bones

My wife says that she is trying to influence the earworm by humming songs that she wants me to write about. That hasn't worked so far, but I know she'll like this one.

"Bamboo Bones" is the final track off of the regular version of the latest Against Me! album, White Crosses. The album leaked a few months early (possibly by lead singer Tom Gabel himself), and I love every minute of it.

The old-school Against Me! fans don't seem to care for the direction that the band has gone in recent albums, which is why I find an early, low-quality leak to be a brilliant marketing move. It lets the fans hear the music and make up their minds on if they're going to buy it prior to the album's release. Old fans might be disappointed, but I think that White Crosses takes everything that I loved about New Wave and turns it up a notch. It's a natural progression that I have embraced wholeheartedly.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

BEST BLOG EVER! Maybe it's just because I love Against Me!, but this is my favorite blog entry yet. Maybe not, I love me some Gaslight Anthem, too. And there were others. Except those crotch shots from the other day. I DID NOT love that.