Saturday, July 17, 2010

Earworm: Fed Up

New music! Praise the music gods for new music.

A friend sent me a link to AM Taxi, thinking that I would like them because I love the Gaslight Anthem. They have a similar sound, but I watched the video for "Fed Up" and wrote them off a band trying to ride another group's coattails. Then something happened. I gave it another listen.

I'm really glad that I gave them a second chance. I listened to the song again, this time without the accompanying video. I still heard the similarities to Gaslight, but it sounded a little more like American Steel to me that time. A third time and I thought that they sound a lot like the Ataris. The fourth listen made me realize that the singer sounds like John Rzeznik from the Goo Goo Dolls. That isn't a bad thing.

I have since downloaded the entire We Don't Stand a Chance album, and love the whole thing. They are a band made up of influences to be sure, but the mixture is just about perfect.

Now I'm hearing some Taking Back Sunday and Get Up Kids in their stuff. Sometimes derivative is good.


Fed Up

AM Taxi | MySpace Music Videos

No comments: