Friday, July 16, 2010

Earworm: Little Boxes

I started watching Breaking Bad a couple weeks ago and tore through all three seasons very quickly. That's good television. Now that it's on hiatus for a year, I figured that I would start on the other popular drug-related show, Weeds. Thanks, Netflix instant queue!

For some reason, I kept putting off watching Weeds. I had heard plenty of good things, but the idea just wasn't appealing to me. I watched the pilot a couple of days ago and wasn't very impressed, but decided to stick with it. The second episode was much better, and I figure it's just a matter of time before the show hits its stride and I'm sucked in for good.

The theme song, "Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds is a great earworm by itself, but the Rise Against cover pushes it right out of my head. There is a fine line between folk and punk, after all.

No comments: