Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Earworm: Crazy

I'm up early today. Hooray for seeing a decent chunk of daylight for once!

It's rare that a song comes across as instantly timeless upon release these days. Usually it's something like Outkast's "Hey Ya," which plays constantly to the point of absolute love, then boredom, then hatred and back to love a few years later. That isn't the case with "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. I never got sick of it. Maybe it's Cee-Lo Green's voice or Danger Mouse's production, but it was an instant classic upon release.

Sadly, none of the rest of their songs has had the same impact for me. I absolutely hated their cover of "Gone Daddy Gone" by the Violent Femmes, and as much as I tried, I simply did not care about any of the rest of the songs on either one of their albums.

What I am excited for is Cee-Lo's new album. If the single "Fuck You" is indicative of the rest of the album, I'm going to be very, very happy.



No comments: