Friday, August 6, 2010

Earworm: Doctorin' the Tardis

I've been on a big KLF kick recently, having been reminded of them the other day during that terrible "Stayin' Alive" earworm. It turns out that the rapper from N-Trance is the same guy from the KLF, and that made me want to punch myself in the face. Everything I thought I knew about the world was turned on its ear...worm. Yeah, I went there. Hush it.

I used to listen to a whole lot of the KLF when I was younger. It was a few years before I realized that they were the same guys responsible for "Doctorin' the Tardis," one of my favorite dance songs ever due to my being a big Doctor Who nerd. It's really a terrible song, an an experiment by a couple of very talented musicians to make a song that would be an instant hit. You see kids, Wikipedia didn't exist when your old uncle Geoff was in school. I didn't know that the Timelords were also known as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, the JAMs or the KLF. It's ADD for the musically responsible.

No comments: