Friday, August 13, 2010

Earworm: (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear

I was raised to not be an Elvis Presley fan. My mother couldn't stand him, and told me a story about when he signed a picture for her and she tore it up shortly after. Still, he has crept into my life little by little. I love most of his music now, and it's a wonder that one of his songs hasn't been an earworm up until now.

Of course, given that I was introduced to the music by commercials and not records, it's no wonder that it isn't actually the Elvis version of "(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear" that is today's earworm. Instead, it is the version used in commercials for Teddy Grahams® snacks. My parents always said that I would babble my way through television shows and get mad whenever anyone would talk during a commercial. It's how I got my pop-culture fix, and I think that I am a better human being for it overall.


No comments: