Monday, August 2, 2010

Earworm: Obsession

Last night I'm sitting on my sofa and unwinding by watching an episode of Weeds. At the beginning, a DEA agent gets Celia to sing Animotion's "Obsession" at a karaoke bar. I knew exactly what song would be today's earworm on the spot.

Wow, somehow I have never seen this video before today. My entire experience with the song was from the trailer to 9½ Weeks. Animotion rivals A Flock of Seagulls for most awesome '80s-video hairstyles.

I tried watching 9½ Weeks once back in the mid-1990s when I was managing a video store and it was on the one of the two movie-trailer tapes that weren't broken. I couldn't make it through the entire film, which struck me as softcore Skinemax with a bigger budget. It was just kind of gross. I love the song though.



No comments: