Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Earworm: The Red

There are a whole lot of bands that sound exactly the same to me to the point that I can't really distinguish one from another. Chevelle would be one of those, but I adore "The Red" from 2002's Wonder What's Next.

I tried really hard to get into the rest of the album but just couldn't do it. It was too crunchy. Still, that one diamond in the rough was enough to keep me coming back for their next album, which I promptly forgot about after one listen. Wikipedia tells me that they put out a couple of fairly well-received albums after that, but I don't care enough to give them a try. I still haven't looked for that Yellowcard album from last week.

Going back to the bands that sound like other bands, "The Red" keeps mixing into "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars in my head, but that's an earworm for another day.

No comments: