Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Earworm: Touch Me

Ah, the Doors. They're the end-all of classic rock for some people, but not me. I went through a phase in college where I listened to a whole lot of Jim Morrison and company, even going so far as picking up a cassette of the An American Prayer poetry album. That stuff was deep, man. Totally.

It took me a few years, but now I think they're an overrated, very lucky bar band with a pretty mediocre lyricist. That's not to say that I hate them. I don't. I have just gotten to the point where I'm perfectly okay with a hearing a few of their songs or changing tracks. There is certainly worse music out there, and whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I do love "Touch Me," however. It's not a particularly good song, but it, along with a few other of their singles really makes me happy. There is a simplicity there that speaks to the back of my mind.

Huh. For some reason I want to go listen to some Billy Idol. The Cult, too. I guess the Doors did pave the way for some good stuff, even if I did outgrow most of their music along the way.

No comments: