Saturday, September 11, 2010

Earworm: Buggley Eyes

I know, I know. I have already written about NoFX once, and not so long ago. It doesn't matter though. "Buggley Eyes" is stuck in my head. This one pissed off a lot of people, as I would close every single DJ set with it at my bar. It was perfect. I generally played a bit of fun punk, ska or soul right before it, and the version from I Heard They Suck Live!! worked perfectly to let everyone know that it was time to go home. The crowd noise at the end made it feel like there were a whole lot more people in the bar too, and that made my life a whole lot more fun. I may not have been able to mix due to technical limitations, but I could sure work a crowd with a microphone and a couple of MiniDisc decks. Being in charge of keeping the party going was always more fun that the party itself for me.

No comments: