Thursday, September 30, 2010

Earworm: Live Like We're Dying

I assumed that "Live Like We're Dying" was by the Script, but given that I had written about them before, I didn't want to dip into that trainwreck again. Unfortunately, I have been placed in situations where I had to listen to the song several times over the past few days, and it also plays on the Musak at work.

Now it turns out that the song, while originally by the Script, is currently burning up the charts by American Idol winner Kris Allen. I didn't object to him until I realized that he sounds just like the Script.

"But Geoff, the song has such a positive message!" Blah, blah, blah. I don't care. It makes me itch all over with musical hatred. Something must be done to stop this before it's a communicable disease. It may already be too late.

No comments: