Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Earworm: Lump

Thanks to the guy who sits in the cubicle next to me at work, I now have "Lump" by the Presidents of the United States of America stuck in my head. I shouldn't complain, as it is a fun, well-made song. It could be some other MTV Buzz-Bin song from the mid 1990s, I suppose. Lord knows that there are some terrible ones out there, but I have already told my Bush story.

Here is what I remember about the Presidents of the United States of America: At the time, they had the longest band name in the history of music. That may still be true, but once again I don't feel like opening up Wikipedia. Self-reliance is the way to go. They had another song called "Peaches." I can never remember the tune to that one if I'm trying, but it will still randomly get stuck in my head. Finally, the lead singer looked like the love child of Moby and the lead singer of Midnight Oil. I have nothing else to say about that.

1 comment:

ameeperrin said...

Goin to the country, I'm gonna eat alot some peaches, goin to the country I'm gonna a lot of peaches. Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man. In a factory downtown....
I love that song!