Thursday, September 23, 2010

Earworm: Take 'em As They Come

Does it get better than Bruce Springsteen? I absolutely love the man's music now, but it took me about 25 years to start getting past the singles and into the albums. Today's earworm, "Take 'em As They Come" is one of my favorite Springsteen tracks, an outtake from his Tracks box set. I've had it for years, but it wasn't until the iTunes edition of Jimmy Eat World's Chase This Light that I discovered "Take 'em As They Come" through their cover version. Listening to the album for the first time while driving through the mountains with my wife, we reached the end of Chase This Light and didn't think that the song fit in with the rest of the album, agreeing that it sounded like a Bryan Adams song. Upon arriving home, I did a little research, finding that it was originally it was a Springsteen song and it resided deep down in my music collection. Since then, both versions have become favorites of mine.



No comments: