Saturday, September 4, 2010

Earworm: Whatzupwitu

Eddie Murphy the pop star. Those are two concepts that should have gone together like peanut butter and chocolate, but somehow didn't work at all. I only know two of his songs, the somewhat decent "Party All the Time" which was penned by Rick James and the absolutely terrible "Whatzupwitu" featuring Michael Jackson. Oh, how I loathe that song. I have only heard it a handfull of times, but it's infectious chorus still burrows its way into my brain from time to time ever since the one time that I saw the video. This may not be true, but I seem to remember it premiering during an episode of The Simpsons when I was 16 years old and wondering what the hell I had just watched. I don't feel like searching Google for more than five seconds about the memory, since the song is truly atrocious and deserves as little of my time as possible.

I can't force anyone to sit through the song, but you should totally take one for the team. I'll rest assured that someone else has gone through the same misery. At least there isn't a link to buy the song. Praise the gods.

No comments: