Saturday, October 30, 2010

Earworm: Baby

I was driving iPodless yesterday and had my choice of listening to a high-school football simulcast or top-40. Given that I have no desire to either watch or listen to football, the choice was easy.

That Justin Bieber girl makes some pretty catchy music.

I kid, I kid. I'm far too old to get into the mud-slinging that comes with every generation. I lived through both New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys. This too shall pass.

In all fairness, "Baby" is a pretty great pop song. There is absolutely nothing to differentiate it from any other teenybopper song that has come out in the past 60 years. Even the lyrics ask, "Are we an item?" That sounds like something that my mother would have had on 45 when she was a teenager.

Whoops, I take that back. The Ludacris rap gives it current street cred. I shall consider myself served.

No comments: