Friday, October 22, 2010

Earworm: Curiosity

I recently ended up getting a card for a SlotRadio player, which assumes that the listener doesn't care what they're listening to, as long as there is background noise. The card in question is a compilation of Billboard's chart-topping hits from the 1980s and 1990s. Given that I was spending my time cleaning the bathroom and kitchen from floor to ceiling, I figured that there was no better time to take it for a spin. Since then I have been letting it play in the car on the way to work.

Starting off with the 1980s-pop playlist, I encountered the typical fare from Culture Club, Duran Duran and Michael Jackson, but it's the inclusion of the Jets that threw me for a loop. Sure, I would expect to hear "You Got It All," but so far it has only assaulted my ears with "Curiosity" and "You Better Dance."

In a half-hearted attempt to make it play one of the two Jets songs that I like instead of minor hits, I managed to get "Curiosity" stuck in my head. Now if only the player would actually play one of those, all would be right with the world.

Wow, I forgot about all of these songs. I guess I can expect lots of earworms from the Jets from now on.

No comments: