Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Earworm: Do Right

This one's going out to Timmy.

Back in my DJ days, this one guy would always come up to the booth and beg me to play "Do Right" by Jimmie's Chicken Shack. I didn't mind, as it was a nice change of pace from all the Jennifer Lopez and Nelly music that I was used to playing. I grew to anticipate his request and made it my goal to offer him a theme song whenever he arrived at the bar. It was usually pretty early, so I didn't have to worry about clearing the dance floor.

Timmy is really the only bar patron that I have kept in touch with over the years, and to this day, his ringtone is still "Do Right." Going back and watching the video, I'm amazed how well it worked out. Timmy looks just like Jimmy, but without the hair.

1 comment:

Zac said...

Dude, I used to LOVE Jimmie's Chicken Shack. Interesting earworm fact: Jimmie Haha, the lead singer, has a guest spot on Good Charlotte's self-titled album during the bridge of "Motivation Proclamation." Hope this helps to inform future earworm posts.