Saturday, October 2, 2010

Earworm: Girl on TV

LFO was a terrible, terrible band, one that I was really hoping to save for a special occasion. Luckily, their big hit isn't today's earworm. Instead, it's "Girl on TV," a song that I had completely forgotten about until a few months ago when a friend randomly picked it for me to sing at karaoke night. I didn't remember the song at all, so I spoke it in the style of a drunken, authoritative William Shatner.

Upon arriving home from the bar, I searched out the song and actually remembered the video which stars Jennifer Love Hewitt as the object of the three guys' affections. I can't imagine that being stalked by three guys who look like late-'90s Jersey Shore cast members would be desirable, but some women must be into that kind of thing, right?

And now? Not only do I remember the melody enough to make a passable attempt at karaoke night, but "Girl on TV" gets stuck in my head on a fairly regular basis. I'm not happy about that at all.

1 comment:

MPFM said...

HA! Take that sucker! I've got more where that came from. You can't "Shatner" your way out of these.