Thursday, October 7, 2010

Earworm: No Scrubs

TLC made some really positive songs with lyrics that encouraged their listeners to stay grounded and have respect for themselves, but one song in particular towers above the rest.

"No Scrubs" taught me that just because a man was yelling at me while driving around in his friend's car, I really didn't have to give him the time of day. That was a pretty good lesson, as offering rides to drunks on my way home from DJing wasn't the best idea in the world. Luckily that one guy just wanted take him to the strip club and left it at that.

I completely forgot about the single mix of this song. It had the elusive Left-Eye rap that wasn't found on the album. Drunk girls would always come up to the booth and yell at me for not playing the video version, but I could never find it. The Internet wasn't as abundant then as it is today. I just searched Amazon and immediately found a link for a "No Scrubs (With Rap)" MP3.  My copies of Promo Only only went so far to keep the inebriated masses from turning on one another, as well as myself.

No comments: