Friday, October 1, 2010

Earworm: The theme song to Saved by the Bell

Okay, so I was packing up my stuff from my extended weekend and Saved by the Bell was on the television. I used to love that show. What was really exciting is that it was a greatest-hits episode of memorable clips, the kind that drove me nuts when I tuned into my favorite programs expecting a new episode but was treated to a collection of stale bits and pieces that I had already seen a million times before. This time, however? I knew that I would be treated to the single-greatest moment from the single-greatest episode in television history. If you were raised on Saved by the Bell, you know exactly which one I'm talking about.

That's right, it's Jessie Spano's mental breakdown while taking caffeine pills.

If you haven't seen the it before, you owe it to yourself to see the mother of all very special episodes. It puts the rest to shame.

I'm so excited.



No comments: