Sunday, November 28, 2010

Earworm: Baby, It's Cold Outside


Holy crow, the season is upon us. I swear that I never got cold during Minnesota winters, but it's the end of November in Tennessee, and apparently I have become spoiled. It's currently 46 degrees outside, and I couldn't stop shivering.

Of course, that immediately got "Baby, It's Cold Outside" stuck in my head. This may be a sign of the times, but I automatically think of Zooey Deschanel's version from Elf whenever I hear that song. That's the last time I actually enjoyed her voice. Somehow I went from thinking that Ben Gibbard was the luckiest man in the universe to having my long-standing celebrity crush reach overexposure and finding myself annoyed by just about everything she touches. (500) Days of Summer? Bah. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the only good part of that movie. I can still handle Elf though, even with my low tolerance for both Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell. It has become a holiday classic that I can watch over and over again.

Hmm. Embedding has been disabled for every single clip that I can find of the song. Here's a link to a basic search. Enjoy it on YouTube.

No comments: