Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Earworm: More Than Words

No one actually expected the sample/source trend to continue, right? Good.

I remember eighth grade like it was yesterday. Well, maybe not yesterday, but certainly like it was something that happened 20 years ago, as if I were looking through a fogged-up, warped piece of glass.

What I do remember is that I had a wicked crush on one girl for all of my eighth-grade year. She wouldn't give me the time of day, but I finally got her to talk to me at the end-of-year dance. Not only that, but she actually danced with me. I'll never forget it, because we stood about a mile apart, she with her hands on my shoulders and me with my hands on her waist. "More Than Words" by Extreme was our song, and it would stay with me for the rest of the school year and beyond.

I wish that I could say that the story had a happy ending, but it didn't. We went our separate ways, and she managed to infect me with her little brother's chicken pox. That was the second time I had them too. Ah, puberty. Gotta love it. At least I got to take all of my final exams at home.

No comments: