Friday, November 26, 2010

Earworm: Tryptophane

Yes, I'm aware of the correct spelling, but John Flansburgh's Monopuff spells it "Tryptophane" on the The Devil Went Down to Newport (Totally Rocking) EP. It's a tribute to the sleep-inducing drug found in turkey! I'll take it.

My Thanksgiving consisted of getting up, eating breakfast, hopping in my car, driving to work and sitting inside of a big building and answering the phone while wishing I could be spending the day outside in the gorgeous November weather.

Who am I kidding. My wife had to work early on Friday, so I would have gone home, turned on the television and vegged out for a few hours before turning in at the same time that she would be getting up. I'm better off with the holiday pay anyway.

So yeah. tryptophan, "Tryptophane" and today's earworm. That sounds like a winning team to me. Go team sleep.

No comments: