Sunday, December 12, 2010

Earworm: Like a G6

I was in the car briefly yesterday without an iPod and had to choose my poison based on the three radio stations programmed in to the car stereo. The pickings were the worst imaginable: Nickelback, Miley Cyrus or Dave Matthews. That's the trifecta of shitty musicians, right there.

I flipped around the channels until the pop station stopped playing Miley Cyrus. "Like a G6" by Far East Movement came on in its place. I've heard bits and pieces of it in passing before, but this was the first time I had heard it in its entirety. I think I found a new level of my own personal Hell. There is absolutely no artistic merit to it whatsoever. I would rather have a razor blade inserted into my ear and transform it into a pencil sharpener, filling my skull with sawdust until it started coming out of every available orifice than hear it again. Unfortunately, that's just not likely to happen this season. I really need to stop listening to the radio again or learn how to use the OFF button.

If you haven't heard the song, I assume no liability of the dumbing down of your unborn children upon pressing PLAY.

No comments: