Thursday, December 9, 2010

Earworm: Uncle Fucker

As desensitized as I am to violence, vulgarity and gore, sometimes something comes flying so far out of left field that even I find it shocking. This is how I felt about "Uncle Fucker, from the South Park movie the first time I saw it in the theater. The show was still fresh at that point, and I ate up every single minute. When the movie was released, I went on opening day. I expected to be amused, but went in with low expectations due to being well-versed in being let down by film versions of popular television shows.

I certainly wasn't expecting "Uncle Fucker" in the first few minutes of the movie, and literally fell out of my theater seat from laughter. That's the only time that a movie had made me lose it completely. The floor was really sticky.

No comments: