Thursday, December 23, 2010

Earworm: Wonderful Christmastime

I knew that this moment was coming. I have been fighting it all season long, but there is no helping it. "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney has bored its way so far into my skull that I would rather put my head into a vice grip and crank it until my skull splits open and the sweet release of silence comes over me. Or just punch myself in the testicles really hard as a distraction.

Seriously, it's the worst Christmas song ever made. I would rather listen to Celine Dion than that bullshit. I respect the Beatles and even enjoy some Wings stuff, but "Wonderful Christmastime" ensures that Paul McCartney will receive a level of Hell all for himself. The cons outweigh the pros every time.

Amazon doesn't have a direct link to download the song all by itself. Count your blessings.

No comments: