Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Earworm: Am I Wrong

I love the Psychedelic Furs, but as far as I'm concerned, Richard Butler's side project Love Spit Love only made two good songs. Those were their cover of the Smiths' "How Soon Is Now" and the absolutely fantastic "Am I Wrong." Much of 1994 was underscored by track seven of the debut album on an endless loop. I'm pretty sure that my parents hated that song by the end of the year, but my Britpop-obsessed, new-romantic self ate up every second. Later, after I got rid of the CD, the Angus soundtrack took its place. Its alt-rock samplings were much better suited to my tastes at the time, and it closed with "Am I Wrong." As I used to like Green Day, and

I wonder if I would enjoy the rest of their stuff more now. I might have to give them another go.

Wait, Brand New covered it in 2002? How have I never heard their version?



No comments: