Sunday, January 2, 2011

Earworm: Block Rockin' Beats

I haven't written about my DJ days in a while. It's the new year though, and old habits die hard.

So...yeah. There were the songs that everyone wanted to hear, and then there were the songs that I wanted to play. The two rarely met, and "Block Rockin' Beats" by the Chemical Brothers was no exception to the rule.
That's really a shame, because it's a damn fine song. Okay, okay, so I kind of lied earlier this week. Not about the fact that I can't dance, because I can't. Equilibrium of a drunk flamingo, right here. No, I lied about the fact that I don't dance at all. I mean, I don't now. I did back then though. A lot, and like an absolute fool to songs like "Block Rockin' Beats" with absolutely no qualms about my self image. Remember the passion of that Star Wars kid from a few years back? That totally would have been me but with gothy dance music if flip cameras had been around at the turn of the century.

I'm sorry, I've said too much. Don't expect any replicating evidence. My dancing days are through.

No comments: