Monday, January 17, 2011

Earworm: Cry Little Sister

I am currently watching the third Lost Boys movie. I have the lowest of expectations, given the quality of the second one, which was a straight-to-video trainwreck. This one features both of the Frog brothers, however, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Okay, so I also went into it expecting "Cry Little Sister" to get stuck in my head on the spot, and that didn't fail, but I forgot about the absolutely horrible cover version recorded for the first sequel by Aiden. It came on about 30 minutes into this sequel too. I think I enjoyed Aiden at one point aside from that, but their brand of emo band were a dime a dozen in the first half of the post-millennial decade. I can't remember any other of their songs.

The original version by Gerard McMann is a classic, but I've gotten really sick of it in the past couple of decades. Countless lame, gothy bands have covered it over the years. McMann himself rerecorded it under the name G Tom Mac, but even it paled in comparison to the original.

Okay, now I'm halfway through the second sequel, and so far it's far better than its predecessor. That's not saying much, but I'll take what I can get. I'm totally sick of vampires anyway.



No comments: