Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Earworm: Irish Blood, English Heart

I was feeling pretty lousy yesterday, first being trapped in my own house to to a broken spring on my garage door, then with a splitting headache. How that turned into having "Irish Blood, English Heart" by Morrissey is beyond me.

A few years ago I got to see Morrissey live in concert at the Tennessee theatre. The show was a lot of fun, as my then-boss procured fan-clip tickets in the orchestra pit. We were ridiculously close to the stage, to the point where I was often hit with sweat...and buttons...as he ripped off his shirt several times over the course of the evening. The best part? Watching my boss fight a scrawny, bald guy who looked like a cross between Michael Stipe and Moby for a piece of rock-and-roll memorabilia. My boss won that battle, but Moz won the war.

No comments: