Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Earworm: The Sounds of Science

I'm sitting here, trying to get anything but "It's Slinky" running through my head. It's either that or nothing. Just silence. Silence. Hey, silence. The sound of silence. "The Sounds of Science." The Beastie Boys. Yeah, that one will work.

I saw the Beastie Boys years ago at the Target Center during the Hello Nasty tour with A Tribe Called Quest. That was a terrible venue for the concert. Nothing sounded good at all. I then rode my bike(!) home and across town and ran to the record store for the midnight release of They Might Be Giants' live album. I have no idea how I remember that. I was in my early-mid 20s and biked all over Minneapolis. Knoxville needs more accessible bike paths, or I just need to move to a city that is a little more green.

No comments: