Monday, January 3, 2011

Earworm: Wig in a Box

Yesterday was a recovery day after a weekend of people staying at the house, parties and everyone running themselves ragged. My wife put on The Sound of Music, and I sat through the whole thing. All three hours of it. This is a movie that I thought that I hated, but it turned out that I quite enjoyed it. It's charming.

After the three hours were up, somehow I talked my wife into watching Hedwig and the Angry Inch. It was only fair that her favorite musical be followed up by my favorite 90-minute one. I think it was my tenth time seeing the classic story of love and loss. If you haven't seen it, I doubt that your local Red Box has it in stock. Go get yourself a Netflix trial, rent it, then sit back and settle in for the evening. Your life will be forever changed.

Without a doubt, the highlight of the entire show for me is "Wig in a Box." It's a roller-coaster ride from start to finish, and everything that a musical number should be. Maybe I'll get skinny this year and put on my own community-theatre version. That'll show all ya'll.

No comments: