Friday, February 11, 2011

Earworm: Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

Today isn't a guestworm, no matter how much my head is hurting. I must push on.

Okay, so right around the new year the Mrs. surprised me with a shiny new Xbox. I'm thrilled. Jumping up and down in lieu of a controller is tons of fun, and will hopefully help me shed the pounds to get back to my fighting weight. In addition to the Kinect games, however, I decided to give a game called Borderlands a shot. Normally I don't do well with first-person shooters. I get really dizzy and can't aim for shit. There is something different about this one though, and I'm actually enjoying the genre for once.

This is where today's earworm, "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" by Cage the Elephant comes into play. I wasn't impressed with the song when it came out last year, and even less with the album, but loading up Borderlands when I'm not quite ready to play forces me to listen to the song several times to the point where my defenses have been worn down. I actually like it now. It perfectly suits the post-apocalyptic gameplay, even if it doesn't appear to play in the context of the game at all outside of the opening sequence.

No comments: