Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Earworm: Bills, Bills, Bills

Okay, so Glee. I'm very open about my love for the show, as well as generally hating the music. The performances aren't ever bad, its just that I don't care for many of the songs to begin with, and I'm good if I never hear them again.

The performance of Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills" that was featured in the episode following the Super Bowl? Pure brilliance. I had completely forgotten about the song, and it not only breathed new life into it but also made me want to go back and watch it again.

Actually, the whole episode was pretty great. I thought I hated "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum until it was featured on the show. I was okay with it. The mash-up of "Heads will Roll" and "Thriller" was okay, and didn't tarnish my respect for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Michael Jackson at all. I'm cool with that.

No comments: