Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Earworm: I Still Believe

There's some great music coming out this year, with one that I'm particularly excited about. Frank Turner used to head up a punk band called Million Dead that I didn't like at all, but his solo stuff is absolutely amazing. I saw him open for Social Distortion in November, and had never heard him before. It's rare that I'm that impressed with a band after seeing them live once and having nothing else on which to base my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that the rest of the crowd was as into it as I was by the end of his set. He's a showman, and definitely knows how to work a room.

"I Still Believe" is as good a place to start as any, as it's the opening track from Frank Turner's latest EP, and it is one of the many that made me sit up and take notice.

No comments: