Monday, March 21, 2011

Earworm: Rhythm Section Want Ad

I have written about They Might Be Giants before, but they will have many a place in the earworm universe. My musical upbringing can be pretty much split evenly between They Might Be Giants and the Cure. Wait, I haven't written about the Cure yet? Yikes.

I first got into TMBG after their first two albums had already been released, and found myself listening to nothing but the first two albums and the b-sides compilation, Miscellaneous T. I still know They Might Be Giants and Lincoln like the back of my hand.

I would be hard pressed to pick one song off of the first album as my favorite, but I think "Rhythm Section Want Ad" is definitely one of the best songs on the album, and is also one of my favorite songs ever recorded.

There is no video, unfortunately, so here's a clip of some puppet dancing around while "Rhythm Section Want Ad" plays in the background.

No comments: