Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Earworm: When I Come Around

I make no secret of my current hatred of Green Day. What they're doing now? Bad Religion and countless other bands have been doing it for years.

That's all well and good though, as I stopped caring about Green Day right around 1995. Before then? I was a big fan. The peak of their greatness came in 1994, when they played Woodstock. I didn't get to go, although I was in New York at the time. I remember the time well. There was a baseball strike and I was missing a concert full of bands that I absolutely loved at the time. My dad took me to see the Who's Tommy on Broadway. I watched The Crow on pay-per-view in the hotel room.

It wasn't long after that that I started hating mainstream-alternative music, and Green Day was one of the first to go. No big loss. I really can't stand them now.

No comments: