Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Earworm: Without You

I was checking out the new releases at an electronics store today and stumbled upon the Blu-ray edition of The Rules of Attraction. God, how I love that movie. Even though it is being marketed as an uncut version, I held off on picking it up due to already having the US-theatrical DVD, and I can't find many details explaining what the uncut edition amounts to. If it's just the bathtub scene restored, I can hold off for a while. If it's Roger Avery's original Director's cut, then I'm all over it.

That one scene is the inspiration for today's earworm. Upon seeing the film on the shelf, all I could think of was "Without You" by Harry Nilsson. It is by far one of the most powerful songs ever recorded.

Wow, I had no clue "Without You" was originally by Badfinger. I don't like their version at all.

No comments: