Sunday, April 24, 2011

Earworm: I'm Yours

Well, I'm back from Puerto Rico, slightly sunned and surprisingly not burned. The sun is normally not my friend. I have avoided beaches in the past, but the ocean called to me this time. It's power was undeniable, and I bobbed in and out of the surf for hours on end. Alas, the real world calls. I have one more day tomorrow before my work week begins, and I'm just not ready to go back. Summer music it is.

Today's earworm is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I normally hate this guy, and should despise the song with every fiber of my being for several reasons. Mainly the fact that it's by Jason Mraz, a guy who is so integrated in the type of college scene that bugs me the most that I normally won't even give anything that sounds like him a chance. It uses the same chord progression as Pachelbel's Canon, which is currently a guaranteed deal-breaker for me, no matter who the musician is. The use of the word "chill" to describe a current state of being. Somehow "I'm Yours" combines these three inexcusable atrocities and I still like the song. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'll totally float around a pool while it plays in the background. I'll be sure to counterbalance it with something like the soundtrack to The Crow though.


No comments: