Friday, April 29, 2011

Earworm: Time After Time

I'm not a fan of American Idol or its imitators or contemporaries. I watched one season. It was the one that David Cook won. It's not that I don't like the people's voices, but normally I hate the music that they perform.

The other day I got sucked into watching The Voice, the latest in a long line of talent-show competitions. Normally I would have turned it off immediately, but Cee-Lo Green was a judge/coach, so I watched the whole thing. It's just like Idol without the trainwreck auditions, and definitely suffers because of it. Based on that first episode, I don't want to watch any more, but I'm really intrigued by Javier Colon. His performance of "Time After Time" made the stubble on top of my head stand up in goosebumps. I hate to admit that, since he sounds like a cross between Brian McKnight and Richard Marx, but somehow it works. I may live to eat those words, but for now, I may have to stick with the show.

No comments: