Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Earworm: End Transmission

I know, I know. I wrote about AFI for about a week straight last summer, but I'm back on a Crash Love kick. I really didn't like the album when it first came out in September of 2009. It had no redeeming qualities for me whatsoever. Misplacing my iPod for six months and then not removing anything off of it allowed me to unintentionally give it another shot on shuffle, and I absolutely loved it the second time around. Seeing them live made the songs even better as well. It's now close to a year later, and the impact on me hasn't been diminished at all.

Today's earworm is "End Transmission," one of the strongest songs on the album. It somehow sounds like a cohesive mix of everything I love and would make a perfect theme song to a Repo Man remake.

Wow, I really, really want to make a triple feature tonight of Repo Man, Return of the Living Dead and Night of the Comet. It's a summertime 1980s explosion. I can't think of a better way to spend my time.

No comments: