Saturday, May 7, 2011

Earworm: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

I'm a total nerd for the 1980s, having absorbed everything throughout that formative decade. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was a huge part of my childhood, to the point that I still actively collect the toys now, well into adulthood. There are modern updates to the original figures issued each month on MattyCollector, and I buy every single one. Sometimes multiples if they have alternate heads or weapons. It drives my wife nuts, but I have given up most of my other childhood obsessions, so she lets the collection continue to grow.

The He-Man theme song was something that I sang a lot of in elementary school. It was simple yet epic, and the other kids at school and I made up our own lyrics. From what I remember, they involved He-Man watching She-Ra in the shower. We didn't think anything of it, since none of the boys actually watched She-Ra at all, but for the love of God, she was his sister. Childhood innocence. Gotta love it.

No comments: