Monday, May 2, 2011

Earworm: I Found Away

I'm taking time off from yardwork to charge the electric lawnmower and write today's earworm. That sounds like a good use of time.

I was a late bloomer when it came to Alkaline Trio, not discovering them until 2003's Good Mourning. It was a case of love at first listen, however, and I quickly dove into their back catalog. The earlier stuff is great, and the diehard fans seem to hate the more recent stuff, but I think they keep getting better with each release.

"I Found Away" from the 2008 album Agony and Irony was immediately one of my favorite songs off of that album. Apparently it was supposed to be released as a single, with a remix contest to accompany it, but that never happened. The winner did the unthinkable, somehow successfully turning the song into reggae. I love it.

No comments: