Thursday, May 19, 2011

Earworm: My Way

Well, it's been fun. One year ago today I started this earworm thing, and I think it's run its course for the time being. I thought long and hard about what song with which to wrap this up. For a long time, it looked like it was going to be "Mad About You" by Belinda Carlisle, but there isn't really any impact to that. Somebody at work suggested some Sinatra, but while I appreciate the music, I have never really identified with the man. Still, there's something comforting about going out with "My Way." I'll choose the Sid Vicious version, however, which I first became aware of while watching Sid and Nancy on VHS in the early 1990s. That was really my first taste of punk rock, and I have never really strayed too far from that constant. No matter what I'm listening to, I can always go back home again. So I throw my fist in the air one last time.

Oh, and to my follower, this isn't actually the end. It is for the daily stuff, but I'm sure that some new songs and stories will pop into my head. Keep an eye out too, because the next stage of my blog should debut soon.

No comments: